Jr Jazz Fun Shot Challenge
Test your basketball shooting skills while competing against the clock!
How It Works
- Open to participants in 3rd-12th grades.
- Dates vary by center through the end of February.
- Players will have one minute to score as many baskets as possible from any of five different shooting spots (plus a lay-up) identified on the game court. Each participant will be given a 5 minute warm-up and 2 attempts, and their best score will be recorded.
- All competitions will be run in 15 minute reserved time slots, limited to 1 participant and 1 guardian in the gym at a time.
- At the end of February 2021 each participating center will be eligible to send their top 2 competitors (highest scoring boys and girls) in each participating age group to regionals.
- The regional challenge will be held at Taylorville Recreation Center (4948 South 2700 West, Taylorsville) on March 13th, 2021 from 9 am - 5 pm. Dates and times for the regional competition will be expanded if needed.
- The regional competition will allow our top challengers recreationally and regionally to compete for a chance at the final competition held by the Utah Jazz in April 2021 (day and date to be announced). Only the top (single) male and female in each age group will move on.
- 3rd-4th Grade
- 5th-6th Grade
- 7th-8th Grade
- 9th-12th Grade
Includes:15 minute time and point challenge and a Jr Jazz face mask
Fun Shot dates vary by center. Register through your nearest participating center at their link below. Space is limited, so sign up today!
|Copperview Recreation Center||Midvale|
|Dimple Dell Recreation Center||Sandy|
|Gene Fullmer Recreation Center||West Jordan|
|Holladay Lions Recreation Center||Holladay|
|JL Sorenson Recreation Center||Herriman|
|Magna Recreation Center||Magna|
|Millcreek Recreation Center||Millcreek|
|Northwest Recreation Center||Salt Lake City|
|South Jordan Recreation Center||South Jordan|
|Taylorsville Recreation Center||Taylorsville|
Face coverings and social distancing are required at all times in Salt Lake County Recreation facilities.