Javascript is required to view this site. Skip to main content
Text:    -   | Translate

Are you a working parent in Salt Lake County who needs support?

Posted By Regional Development
February 19, 2021

Email This

Pandemic Working Parents.png

Are you a working parent in Salt Lake County who needs a little extra support during the pandemic?

You're not alone. Here are a variety of services available to residents, from housing assistance, food, health care, and more.


United Way of Salt Lake operates a 24-hour help line that connects callers to local food programs, housing assistance, health care resources and mental health support. 

Dial 2-1-1 from your phone at any time.

You can also email or text 898-211 to chat with a person at 2-1-1 services.


For a mom looking for a Utah-based support group, therapist, or other provider type:

  • Visit – The resources listed offer online services. This means they do therapy online, or offer support groups online.
  • Free Utah-based support group, every Thursday through St. Mark’s Hospital from 10-11:30 a.m. online
    • Download WebEx meetings on phone or other device, and type in the below information to join
    • Meeting ID: 625 927 491
    • Password: momsmatter


Free Counseling

The Utah Strong Recovery Project offers residents free support. Counselors are available to talk through your anxiety, loneliness, or worry. Open 7 a.m.-  7 p.m. Call/text: 385-386-2289. Email:

Intermountain Emotional Support Line: 833-442-2211

If you are having thoughts of suicide, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 (TALK) or go to

Are you a parent that needs emotional assistance? Contact the National Parent Helpline at 855-427-2736.

Free, anonymous assessment

Concerned about yourself or someone you know and love? Visit and take a free assessment.


Do you need help paying for child care? 

Child care assistance programs, through the Utah Department of Workforce Services, help parents cover the cost of child care. Apply online on a desktop computer:

Kids in Care

Unemployed and need child care while you job search? The Kids in Care program reimburses child care providers for caring for children while parents engage in formal job search activities, if you meet certain requirements.

If you are a refugee and need to find child care, need child care assistance, or would like to become a professional child care provider, please call Abby at 801-326-4399.



Landlord-Tenant Mediation

If you're having difficulties with a landlord, Utah Community Action can provide Landlord-Tenant Mediation services. 

Call 801-359-2444 Monday–Thursday from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m.– 5 p.m.

Know of other services we missed? Email