Track and Field Information
Our goal as Salt Lake County Track & Field is to give kids, ages 5-15, the opportunity in participating, learning, and developing the skills for various track and field events. We also provide track meets during the season for kids to develop their skills.
Please remember, participants need to have their wrist bands that were provided from the center on Parents Day on their wrist at the meets. The number on that wrist band is how you register for meets and to know who your child is. During practices, there are no spikes allowed on the high school tracks, so please only bring spikes for track meet days (not required). Also, this summer like all others in Utah are hot, please remember to keep your kids hydrated with plenty of water, electrolytes, and sunscreen.
Things needed at track meets ALWAYS:
- Colored Wrist band (number on band essential for timing/registration)
- Team T-shirt (this is your jersey)
- Athletic shoes and bottoms
- Water, Water, Water (we do our best to provide water on infield but we always have a lot of athletes. Please come prepared.)
- Meet schedule (please listen to the announcer for what events are coming up. First call means kids need to go to their respected events at that time .)
How to Register for Meets:
- Click Track Meets
- Find what day your child is competing.
- Click on Event Entry Form and fill out the survey. (your competitor # is required to register, this is your wristband #.)
- You are allowed to sign up for the entire season of meets or ones you want your kids competing in.
What if My Wristband Breaks?
Please contact your recreation center and get the wrist band number to write on your hand with a marker. This number is how you will know your lane assignments.