Application and Documentation
Important: we encourage you to file online, this will significantly speed up the process.
Gather Supporting Documents
In order to complete your Application for Naturalization (N-400), you must gather (and bring to your interview-see step 3) the following documents, which will vary depending on your situation:
- Your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- Your most recent tax return and W-2 forms
- Your current and all expired passports.
- All documents you have about your immigration record.
Additional Required Documents (if applicable)
- Marriage certificate
- Proof of your spouse's U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status
- Divorce decree(s)
- Legal name change document and/or proof of supporting your dependents
- If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason (except parking tickets), bring a Court Docket from the Criminal Court