We offer guided tours highlighting family farm life at the beginning of the 20th century. Tours can accommodate all group types including: schools, scouts, religious groups, families, special needs, etc. Plan on one hour for your tour.
Field Trip Options
- $4 per person (Title 1 Schools: $3 per person)
Make butter, blacksmith demonstration, enjoy a wagon ride, learn about the animals and take a glimpse into old-fashioned farm living.
- $4.50 per person
In addition to the Farm Tour, participants will enter the Historic Farm House main floor, a downstairs tour of the farmhouse museum.
- $3 per person
Some schools visit the farm on their own, without a tour guide. If you would like to add a wagon ride to your visit, we recommend make a reservation as wagon rides sell out on busy Spring days.
- Farm tour + wagon ride: $4 per person
- Farm & house tour + wagon ride: $4.50 per person
- Farm tour + hay maze & playland: $9 per person
- Add $2 per person for a special tour size pumpkin with any tour
Bring your class to experience fall at the farm!
- Send in TOUR REQUEST FORM either by fax or email. You can contact Wheeler Farm to check tentative availability for your requested date(s).
- Once received, The FARM will review your request within 24—48 hours (1—2 business days) and contact you regarding your tour.
- The Farm will place a tentative hold on your available date and send you a Confirmation Letter by email.
- A payment must be received within one week to confirm your tour date. Payments can be made by cash, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, cashier check or money order. No checks unless being paid from a school district or approved public school administration.
- Tours reserved within one week of the tour date must be paid in full at the time of reservation.
- Tours must be reserved a minimum of one week in advance. Full payment is due upon tour approval. Payments can be made in-person or online (instructions will be sent from Wheeler Farm at time of reservation). We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, cashier check or money order.
- Your reservation is NOT complete until you’ve received a Confirmation Letter and your account is paid in full.
- Tour fees are charged for students, teachers and chaperones. Please estimate as close as possible. There is an additional late fee of $1 per person paid the day-of. Due to scheduling of guides day-of registration will be limited to five (5) individuals.
- Tour Cost: $4, $3, or $4.50 per person (adults and children 2 years and older) depending on the tour selected.
- Cancellation: We require 48 hours notice for any cancellation and a 25% cancellation fee will apply.
- Inclement Weather: Cancellations due to snow/rain can be rescheduled for a later date or refunded in full.
- No Call/No Show: Results in a forfeiture of all monies paid to Wheeler Farm. We take a loss when this occurs.
- Tours start on the designated hour. We are unable to extend the time of a tour in the event of a late arrival.