Photography & Media
Wheeler Historic Farm is a very popular location for photography backdrops.
We are glad you are considering Wheeler Historic Farm to capture life's moments. Our natural landscape and historic buildings make for great photo opportunities.
Although the space to the south of the Activity Barn is a public park; the entire property including the woods, structures and farmland are on the National Historic Register. It is our responsibility to protect the site for generations to come.
Our goal is to maintain and improve facilities, protect the animals, historic landmarks and items frequently used as props. For example, the porch and railings on the 113- year-old historic home have become more fragile as time goes on. Having people sit and climb leaves a mark. And, sadly, we have had irreplaceable artifacts in our displays damaged or destroyed by photographers who did not respect the space.
Photography Rules (Professional & Amateur)
- All those taking photos (professional or amateur) please check in at our office to receive a copy of the rules and a photo pass.
- Check in at the Activity Barn before your shoot.
- If you plan to hold a photo session outside our office hours, you can purchase a photo pass online. At the website, select "register for activity". Print your receipt as your pass.
- No pictures are to be taken on the roadways.
- If a Farm vehicle (tractor/ wagon /golf cart) comes toward you, please move to the side of the trail and let them pass.
- Please do not move equipment including but not limited to: saddles, benches, buckets, farm equipment, etc.
- Please do not harass or upset the animals.
- Interior photo shoots require rental of building space. We do not allow photos in the historic farmhouse.
Our office is open from 9:00 AM-6:00 PM, Monday-Saturday, April-October and 9:00 AM-5:00 PM, Monday-Saturday, November-March. We do have staff here 7 days a week and you may be asked to show your photo pass.
Photography Teachers - please request your dates.
Teachers who plan to hold class sessions at the farm must request dates for pre-approval.
Commercial Photo Shoot
For all media inquiries related to Wheeler Historic Farm or Salt Lake County Parks and Recreation:
Communications and Public Relations Manager
2001 South State Street, Suite 4800
Salt Lake City, Utah 84190
Filming & Production
For all filming and production inquires related to Wheeler Historic Farm or Salt Lake County Parks and Recreation including:
- Filming Requests
- Interview Requests
- Facility Rental for Production Purposes
6351 South 900 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84121