October 31, 2017
October 31, 2017
Winners have been selected for this giveaway courtesy The Empress Theatre.
Stay tuned for future giveaways!
October 24, 2017
Winners have been chosen for this Ticket Tuesday giveaway courtesy the Wasatch Contras.
October 10, 2017
A winner has been chosen for this giveaway courtesy Tracy Aviary.
Congrats to Dawn N. in West Valley City!
October 03, 2017
Congrats to Andrew in SLC!
September 26, 2017
A winner has been chosen for this giveaway courtesy the IJ & Jeanne Wagner Jewish Community Center. Congrats to Cheryl T. in Salt Lake City!
September 21, 2017
The Salt Lake County Council has unanimously approved the Tier II Advisory Board recommendations for 2017 funding. $1,982,900 of ZAP funds will be distributed to 171 Tier II organizations for the purpose of building organizational capacity and enhancing cultural offerings throughout Salt Lake County. The types of organizations funded include community symphonies, historical museums, dance, visual arts, theatre, art and ethnic festivals, natural history, folk arts, botanical gardens and more.
This year's application highlights include:
- 175 applications received – the largest number to date
- $3.26 million in funding requests from applicants
- 20 new applicants – a record for new applications in one year
- 27 organizations applied for over $15,000 with audited or reviewed financial statements - meaning that more groups are growing in Salt Lake County
Applicants reported an impressive breadth of work including:
- 13,592 events in Salt Lake County
- 30,525 volunteers utilized
- 1,479 full and part-time jobs provided
- 2 million free admissions (up from 1.3 million last year)
- $85 million in expenses - that's all money returned to the local economy!
The Zoo, Arts and Parks program continued to improve efficiency of fund distribution this year with an online grant application process, now in its second year of operation. By using ZoomGrants, the Tier II Advisory Board easily viewed videos and photographs submitted by the applicants, which allowed board members to make more informed evaluations.
With funding recommendations approved, the 2017 Tier II application process is now complete. Organizations funded in Tier II can expect to receive funding in two installments in January and May of 2018.
Applications for 2018 will open in January.
Want to learn more?
1. View a complete list of funded organizations.
2. Learn more about the ZAP funding process.
September 19, 2017
Winners have been chosen for this giveaway courtesy The Empress Theatre. Congrats to Ayumi and Sheri M. in Salt Lake City!
September 13, 2017
Winners have been selected for this giveaway courtesy The Grand Theatre: Natalie K. (SLC) and Francisco R. (Draper).
Stay tuned for the next ZAP Ticket Tuesday.
September 05, 2017
A random winner has been selected for this giveaway courtesy the Natural History Museum of Utah: congrats to Vickie S. in Taylorsville!
Natural History Museum of Utah is funded in part through a grant from Salt Lake County Zoo, Arts & Parks (ZAP).