This Holiday Season Gift the Arts!
Posted By Salt Lake County ZAP
December 01, 2015
It’s that time of year again! The lights are up, the snow is falling (well, some days), and we’re busy seeking out fun ways to enjoy the holiday season as well as searching for perfect gifts for family and friends.
As you go about your holiday shopping this year, consider gifting the arts! Tickets to a concert or performance by a favorite theater company can provide a lifelong experience to remember, and handmade arts and crafts bring daily inspiration. Not to mention it’s always fun to meet the artists that created them! You can do just that at one of the many holiday markets being hosted this December that showcase unique gifts made by local artists and crafters.
To help you plan your market-hopping experience and support our creative community this holiday season, we’ve compiled a quick list of some of the many arts & craft markets taking place around the valley. If we missed a favorite of yours, please feel welcome to share it in the comments.
- Christkindlmarkt @ This is the Place Heritage Park, 11am-8pm
- Holiday Boutique @ Murray Heritage Center, 10am-3pm
- Holiday Market @ Utah Museum of Fine Arts, 11am-5pm, FREE museum admission
- Winter Market @Utah Cultural Celebration Center, 10am-6pm
- Holiday Open House & Art Fair @ Red Butte Garden, 10am-5pm, FREE garden admission
December 5-6 & 12-13
- Holiday Bazaar @ Urban Arts Gallery, 2pm-6pm
Dec 5 & 12 10am-6pm
- People’s Market Holiday Market @ Sorenson Unity Center
Dec 5 & 19 10am-2pm
- Winter Market at Rio Grande
- Holiday Craft Market @ Salt Lake City Arts Council’s Finch Lane Gallery
- Holiday Market @ Our Lady of the Snows Center with Alta Community Enrichment, 2pm-7pm