2021 Tier II Application Deadline: Friday, May 28 at 5pm
The Zoo, Arts and Parks (ZAP) Tier II category provides funding for diverse arts, cultural, and botanical organizations not funded in Tier I, including the local arts and cultural councils in Salt Lake County.
These organizations are instrumental in providing affordable access to arts and cultural opportunities in the community. Budgets range from the thousands to millions; management ranges from volunteers to paid staff; and they represent all areas of the County. Whether you prefer to be in the audience or the limelight, these organizations have something for everyone.
All Tier II-funded organizations have programs available to all Salt Lake County residents and visitors.
Please see the Eligibility, Process, and Apply sections for additional information.
|Must be||501(c)3 organization or municipal arts/cultural council|
|Minimum Budget||Not applicable|
|Type of Organization||Must be an arts, botanical, or cultural organization; OR program being funded must be arts, botanical, or cultural in focus and maintain independent financial records.|
|Location||Organizations and/or the activities receiving ZAP funding must be located within Salt Lake County.|
|Funding||Based on Advisory Board review and recommendation.|
|Miscellaneous||Organizations must fall clearly within one of the defined Disciplines Eligible for ZAP Funding. History is included in the Tier II category.|
The Tier II Advisory Board scores all applications on the following criteria:
- Artistic/Cultural Vibrancy
- Public Benefit and Outreach
- Organizational Capacity
Please Note: Applicants must be funded by ZAP for at least three (3) consecutive years to apply for more than $15,000.
Are You Eligible for Funding?
Applications are carefully reviewed by the Tier II Advisory Board. The board submits funding recommendations to the County Council, which can make adjustments to the funding recommendations.
Once the County Council approves final funding decisions, ZAP Staff will invite the recommended organizations to sign contracts. Each funding cycle takes almost a full year from application submission to final payment disbursement.
- Application Received (Deadline): May 28 2020 at 5pm
- Review by Volunteer Advisory Board: June-August 2021
- Advisory Board Recommendations: August/September 2021
- County Council approval: August-September 2021
- Contracting: October-December 2021
Grants are distributed in two payments. The first payment will be received no later than January 2022. The second payment will be received no later than May 2022.
DEADLINE: Friday, May 28 at 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
2021 Application Workshops
- Wednesday, March 31 (1pm-3pm; COMPLETE)
- Saturday, April 17 (10am-12pm)
Submit an Application
Creating an Application
- If you already have a ZoomGrants account: Open the application using the button above. In the upper right hand corner of the page, log into your existing ZoomGrants account using sign-in fields. Scroll down to the application tabs and click the "Apply Now/Start Application".
- If you do not already have an account: Open the application using the button above. On the right side of the page, click the orange "New ZoomGrants Account" button. Create your account. Click the orange 'Apply' button to the right of the ZAP 2021 Tier II Application under the 'Open Programs' list.
ZAP 2019 Tier II Evaluation Reminder
ZAP 2021 Tier II Application Workshop Recording
Resources for ZAP Contractual Obligations:
- Submit an event on NowPlayingUtah.com
- Send your Press Release to PRZAP@slco.org
- Invite the Tier II Advisory Board to your Events
- Invite the Elected Officials to your Events
- Contractual Media Obligations Guide
- Sign up for Direct Deposit (email form to Jenn Waterhouse, ZAP coordinator)
- Sign Up Here for ZAP newsletter
Once your organization is recommended for funding, your organization must enter into a contract with Salt Lake County. Our contracts are approved by the district attorney's office. Your contract must be signed online on ZoomGrants.com.
The person signing your organization's contract MUST either attend a contract workshop or watch the contract webinar. This is required.
2021 Contract Workshops
ZAP 2021 Contracting Workshops will be announced Fall 2021.
2021 Contract Webinar
Submit a 2019 Evaluation
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services or alternate formats) for individuals with disabilities may be provided upon receipt of a request with five working days’ notice.
To expedite accommodation requests and coordination, call (385) 468-7001. TTY/TDD users should call 7-1-1. If you are unable to attend, contact Kirsten Darrington at 385-468-7057 or email@example.com.