Parents as Teachers
A parent is a child’s first and most important teacher. Parents as Teachers (PAT) is a FREE program that provides parents with information to help build their children’s intellectual, language, social, and physical development from birth to age three.
Families enrolled in PAT receive personal visits from a certified parent educator offering timely, age-appropriate information, including:
- What to expect as the child grows and develops, starting in pregnancy
- How to help the child to learn and play well with other kids
- Help with common parenting problems
- Fun activities to help the child prepare for school.
Parents will also make connections with other parents for peer support, and have access to helpful community resources.
Parents as Teachers is available to families:
- who live in Salt Lake County and
- who meet income requirements and
- who have children less than 3 years old or
- who are pregnant