Javascript is required to view this site. Skip to main content
Text:    -   | Translate


How much is my fine?
The fine amount is assessed by the Judge using the Standard Bail Schedule as a guideline.
How do I change my court date with the Judge?
Contact the Court (385) 468-8200 with your current court date and case number.
What could happen if I were to plead Guilty or No Contest?
The Judge would hear from you and any evidence you present to make a decision on your case.
What type of payments are accepted at the Court?
The court accepts Cash, Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card, American Express, Money orders, Cashiers check, and personal checks. However, payments in person are not accepted after 4:30 pm. There is a payment drop off located to the entrance to the court or you may pay online.
What do I do if I receive a "Fix it" Citation?
Within the 14 days from the issuance of the Citation, you must have the citation signed off by an officer and then show the citation to the court.
I was referred to a Legal Defenders Association, how do I contact them?

424 E 500 S # 300

Salt Lake City, UT 84111-3336
Phone: (801) 532-5444

Is there a web site which I can access that will show what charges, times, and who will be seeing the Judge?

Yes, the web site is

you will need to select Salt Lake County Justice Court.

What are your hours of operation?
The Court is in operation between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday - Friday. The court will only accept payment until 4:30 pm
What Can I do to keep a Charge(s) off my driver record and / or insurance?
You will need to make a court appointment and talk with a Prosecutor before entering your plea.
I don't have enough money to pay for the citation. What options do I have?
You will have to make an appointment to see the Judge.
Can I get an audio recording of a court date?
Yes. Audio Recordings are $10.00 per audio disk. Please request the recording at least a week in advance.