Javascript is required to view this site. Skip to main content
Text:    -   | Translate

How do I Appeal My Property Valuation?

Notice: If you are filing your appeal after September 15, consult the Late Appeals page for instructions on how to file a late appeal.

The Board of Equalization accepts appeals from August 1 through September 15 of each year. Appeals to the BOARD OF EQUALIZATION can be filed by:

  • Online -- We now have the capability to accept appeal forms and supporting evidence electronically.  When you click this link, you will be directed to the Clerk of the Board online appeal portal.
  • Mail -  download appeal form 
    (You must download it to your computer and open it in Acrobat Reader to fill and sign this document)
  • In person at;
    2001 South State Street  #N3-300/P.O. Box 144575
    Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4575.

If you wish to hand-deliver your appeal, please bring it to the Salt Lake County Government Center, 2001 South State Street. A secure appeal drop box will be available in the lobby of the North building. You may place your completed appeal filing in this box without further assistance.

Should you want a receipt for your records, you may also hand deliver your appeal to a Clerk of the Board of Equalization in room N3-300.

Appeal Procedures require that the property owner submit two things with their appeal: a BE01- Appeal Form and evidence that supports the opinion of value.

Your valuation or assessed value is made by the Assessor's Office and for most properties within Salt Lake County, are generated by a computer assisted mass appraisal [CAMA] system for most residences.

You can only appeal the total market value for the current year. You cannot appeal just the value of the land or just the value of the improvements (house or other buildings). Please note that the "Board" cannot review or adjust the taxes you pay. The Board only adjusts the valuation of the property.