Review Appeal Decision
View the hearing officer's recommendation of market value on the property you have appealed.
- During the Board of Equalization the Salt Lake County Auditor's Office will schedule your appeal for a hearing and provide you notice of the time, date, and location where the hearing will take place.
- An officer of Salt Lake County Tax Administration will be scheduled to conduct the hearing, take oral testimony should you appear, review all evidence of market value submitted by you and the Assessor's Office, and make a recommendation of market value on your property.
- Once the hearing is concluded your hearing officer will review all evidence of the appeal record, write a recommendation of market value, and return the appeal and recommendation to Tax Administration. A review of this recommendation will be competed by Tax Administration at which time your appeal will be returned to the Auditor and placed on an agenda for formal approval by the Board of Equalization.
- After receiving approval by the Board of Equalization the Auditor will send you written notification of the outcome of your appeal. This notice will be mailed to you within a few days of formal approval. When you receive this notice, Tax Administration will allow you access to review the hearing officer's recommendation on the property you have appealed. Your record will be available for viewing for a period of 30 days. This feature will only be available for single family residential and condominium properties.
- Should you be dissatisfied with the outcome of your appeal, you will also have 30 days to file an appeal before the Utah State Tax Commission.
Please be aware that this site provides access to your unofficial appeal recommendation. The recommendations displayed here are generally consistent with the official findings of the Board of Equalization. However, should you wish to obtain the recommendation that has been formally approved by the Board of Equalization, you may contact the County Auditor's Office at 385 468-7200 to review the official record.