The goal of the Salt Lake County Weed Control Program is to assist property owners in identification, prevention and suppression of noxious weeds within the county.
Outside of their native origins, noxious weeds become oppressors with no known natural competitors to keep their populations in check. These silent invaders quickly begin to out-compete native plants, … forever changing our landscapes. Unlike other ornamental(s), … noxious weeds are nothing short of ecological time bombs.
Salt Lake County Weed Control Program
The program, under the direction of the Salt Lake County Noxious Weed Board, works to achieve these goals through the following objectives:
- Management, including eradication and containment of listed noxious weeds, on both private and public lands using Integrated Weed Management (IWM)
- Enforcement of the Utah State Noxious Weed Law
- On-site technical assistance to landowners on noxious and invasive weed identification and control
- Education and outreach activities promoting noxious weed prevention, detection, and management
- Surveying, mapping, and monitoring of noxious and invasive weed populations throughout Salt Lake County
- Cooperation with other local agencies on weed management issues