Continuum of Care Operations
The Salt Lake Valley Coalition to End Homelessness will be responsible for oversight of the Continuum of Care.
The Salt Lake Valley Coalition to End Homelessness’ primary goal is to end homelessness in Salt Lake Valley through a system-wide commitment of resources, services, data collection, analysis and coordination among all stakeholders. The Coalition gathers community consensus to create and fulfill established outcomes. Using these goals, the coalition partners with key stakeholders to fill the needs of the Salt Lake County/Valley community.
Participation in the work of the Coalition is open to any agencies, organizations, and individuals with expertise or interest in rendering homelessness brief, rare, and non-recurring. Membership should represent the entirety of Salt Lake Valley. Additional collaboration to improve the statewide homeless service system should also be reflected in the members.
The Coalition meets on a regular basis to discuss, review data, and make recommendations regarding homeless system issues. A current meeting schedule, agendas, and minutes can be found here.
System Structure Proposal
At the CoC Membership Meeting on November 15, 2018 the CoC membership voted to keep Salt Lake County as the Collaborative Applicant for 2019. Additional discussions will take place regarding the best, long-term home within the Salt Lake County structure for the Collaborative Applicant.
This discussion, among other conversations, has been taking place among community stakeholders regarding establishing a strong and effective homeless system of care for Salt Lake County, which has led to a proposed new system structure. The structure initially presented to the CoC membership on November 15, 2018 has evolved with the input from various stakeholders. The initial presentation may be reviewed below, as well as additional iterations.
- Homeless Service System Presentation
- Homeless Service System Presentation as of 11_28_18
- Homeless Service System Presentation as of 12_5_18
- Homeless Service System Presentation as of 12_17_18
- Homeless Service System Presentation as of 1_3_19
- Homeless Service System Presentation as of 1_9_19
- Homeless Service System Presentation as of 1_15_19
- Homeless Service System Presentation for Collective Impact Steering Committee on 2_13_19
- Homeless Service System Presentation For CoC
- Homeless Service System Presentation As of 3_5_ 19
- Updated Homeless Service System Presentation As of 5_14_ 19
Governing Documents of the Continuum of Care
- Salt Lake Valley Coalition to End Homelessness Governance Charter(Approved April 10, 2019)
- CoC Governance Charter (Approved August 2017)
- Salt Lake County Coordinated Entry Standards (Approved January 2018)
- HMIS Standard Operating Policies & Procedures
- SLCo CoC Policies and Procedures