- Teaches young people to treat animals with respect and compassion
- Reduces the number of homeless pets in our community
- Increases the number of licensed and microchipped pets so more go back home
- Keeps everyone safer from animal bites
- Breaks the links of animal cruelty, domestic violence and criminal behavior
- Teaches the community to be responsible pet owners
- Instills the long-term values of compassion, empathy, and responsibility
Do You Want To Learn More About Us?
We offer the following programs, and are always happy to customize presentations to meet curriculum goals and class themes:
- Preschool: Introduction to Pets and Bite Prevention
- K-2: Basic Animal Care, Responsible Pet Ownership, Bite Prevention
- 3-6: Responsible Pet Ownership, Bite Prevention, Animal Services Heroes
- 7-12: Responsible Pet Ownership, Bite Prevention, Animal & Community Issues, and Careers in Animal Welfare
- Bite Prevention training for high risk jobs: mail carriers, delivery drivers, etc.
Teachers can also schedule a presentation or series of presentations concluding with a shelter tour. Check out what our Humane Educator has been up to and follow her Humane Education Blog. Download our FLYER.
Responsibility + compassion + safety + pets =
For more information or to schedule a presentation or tour, call