Salt Lake County Animal Services' innovative programs incorporate materials for all ages, youth through adults. Our age-appropriate presentations demonstrate:
- Basic Animal Care
- Humane Treatment of Animals
- Important Animal Safety Information
- Careers in Animal Welfare/Care
Responsibility + Compassion + Safety + Pets
= HUMANE EDUCATION
What Is Humane Education?
- Teaches young people to treat animals with respect and compassion
- Reduces the number of homeless pets in our community
- Increases the number of licensed and microchipped pets so more go back home
- Keeps everyone safer from animal bites
- Breaks the links of animal cruelty, domestic violence and criminal behavior
- Teaches the community to be responsible pet owners
- Instills the long-term values of compassion, empathy, and responsibility
We offer the following programs, and are always happy to customize presentations to meet curriculum goals and class themes:
- Preschool: Introduction to Pets and Bite Prevention
- K-2: Basic Animal Care, Responsible Pet Ownership, Bite Prevention
- 3-6: Responsible Pet Ownership, Bite Prevention, Animal Services Heroes
- 7-12: Responsible Pet Ownership, Bite Prevention, Animal & Community Issues, and Careers in Animal Welfare
- Bite Prevention training for high risk jobs: mail carriers, delivery drivers, etc.
Teachers can also schedule a presentation or series of presentations concluding with a shelter tour.
Expand your pets mind! Check out our YouTube series "101 Things To Do With Your Pet."
Employees from Salt Lake County Animal Services, show you step by step instructions on how to:
- Teach your pet simple commands
- Various DIY games you can make to work their brain
- Fun tricks to teach them manners & have fun while doing it
- The benefits of various enrichments and what your dog gets from them
- And MORE!
Salt Lake County Animal Services partners with numerous humane professionals to provide free monthly workshops to our community. All workshops are virtual at this time.
Questions? Email email@example.com.