Clark Planetarium's space exploration-themed building is a unique and spacious facility capable of entertaining up to 900 guests.
With the Northrop Grumman IMAX 3D Theatre, Hansen Dome Theatre, classroom and 10,000 square feet of exhibits, the planetarium is your choice for out-of-this-world events!
Northrop Grumman IMAX Theatre
(theatre buy-out rates)
With a 70′ wide, 5-story high screen and seating for 288, your guests will be launched into space while viewing a 3D IMAX film. The Northrop Grumman IMAX Theatre at Clark Planetarium features a 14,000-watt, 6-channel, digital surround sound system for an auditory experience second to none. Most of the speakers are positioned behind the five-story high screen, which is perforated with millions of tiny holes. In this way, sound can come at the audience from the film itself. Clark Planetarium offers a wide selection of films to meet the needs of any group.
- Capacity: 288
- Friday and Saturday: $1,500 per hour + tax (includes one show)
- Sunday – Thursday: $1,200 per hour + tax (includes one show)
- Early morning, before 11:00 am: $500 per hour (does not include film)
- Theatre rental includes Mezzanine
Hansen Dome Theatre
(planetarium theatre buy-out rates)
The Hansen Dome Theatre houses a 55-foot, 178-seat planetarium with a state-of-the-art Digistar5 projection system, manufactured by Utah-based Evans and Sutherland Computer Corp. Digistar5 uses multiple high-definition video projectors at the base of the dome to display a larger-than-life seamless image, without additional display equipment, and without a projection area in the middle of the theater. A small staging area at the front of the theatre can be used for live presentations and special events.
- Capacity: 178
- Friday and Saturday: $900 per hour + tax (includes one show)
- Sunday – Thursday: $600 per hour + tax (includes one show)
- Early morning, before 11:00 am: $300 per hour (does not include film)
3rd Floor Exhibit Spaces
Enjoy your next event among the planets and beyond. The 3rd floor exhibit area offers an open space on the third floor separated from the rest of the Planetarium. There is plenty of open space for wedding receptions, business meetings, parties and reunions. Interactive exhibits are spread throughout the area to make any event fun and educational. The 3rd floor exhibit area also serves as the entrance to the Hansen Dome Theatre.
- Capacity: Dinner 150, Reception 200
- Friday and Saturday: $1,000 per hour
- Sunday through Thursday: $500 per hour
- Inquire for customized options
First Floor Exhibit Space
The first floor exhibit stage is an ideal location for smaller groups looking for a unique venue to hold a dinner or reception. Groups will enjoy hands-on exhibits that explore Earth, the Moon and the Planetarium's meteorite collection.
- Capacity: Dinner 50, Reception 80
- Friday and Saturday: $500 per hour
- Sunday - Thursday: $250 per hour
For small meetings and gatherings, the Classroom is an ideal space. The room features AV options and large whiteboard.
- Capacity: 40
- Friday and Saturday: $125 per hour
- Sunday - Thursday: $75 per hour
Full Building, Including Theatres
(capacity 900 people)
A full building rental includes your choice of three Dome Theatre and three IMAX documentary shows. The building is closed to the public during the event so you can enjoy all that the Planetarium has to offer, including the 10,000 square feet of hands-on, brains-on exhibits. The Guest Relations staff will be on hand to assist you with anything you might need.
- Friday and Saturday: $9,000 per 4-hour block + tax
- Sunday - Thursday: $7,000 per 4-hour block + tax
Approved Caterers List
(801) 466-2537 / email
(801) 466-2537 / email
Book you event at Clark Planetarium today!
To schedule an event and to check date availability, please fill out our Rental Form document and email to Sean O’Connell.