Vote By Mail
The 2019 Primary Election is being conducted mainly by mail:
- Ballots will be mailed 3 weeks before Election Day to all active voters who are eligible to participate in the General Election.
- If you need your ballot mailed to an address other than your home address where you are registered to vote, call 385-468-7400.
- The post office does not forward ballots.
- Postage-paid return envelopes will be provided.
- Ballots returned by mail must be postmarked no later than the day before Election Day.
- Ballots may be returned to any of our twenty ballot drop boxes (open 24/7) up through 8:00 pm on Election Day.
- Ballots may also be returned on Election Day to Vote Centers during polling hours 7:00 am - 8:00 pm on Election Day.
- Voters who update their address will be mailed a ballot up until 1 week before Election Day.
If you are looking for additional information on vote-by-mail, please visit our FAQ section.
Salt Lake County ballot drop boxes are open 24/7 until 8:00 pm on Election night. See where there is a convenient drop box located near you.
Want to show the world that you voted? Check here for web stickers you can upload to social media and encourage others to vote!