Vote By Mail
The 2020 Presidential Primary Election is being conducted mainly by mail:
- Ballots will be mailed 3 weeks before Election Day to all active voters who are eligible to participate in the General Election.
- If you need your ballot mailed to an address other than your home address where you are registered to vote, call 385-468-7400.
- The post office does not forward ballots.
- Postage-paid return envelopes will be provided.
- Ballots returned by mail must be postmarked no later than Monday, March 2nd, the day before Election Day.
- Ballots may be returned to any of our twenty ballot drop boxes (open 24/7) up through 8:00 pm on Election Day.
- Ballots may also be returned on Election Day to Vote Centers during polling hours 7:00 am - 8:00 pm on Election Day.
- Voters who update their address will be mailed a ballot up until 1 week before Election Day.
If you are looking for additional information on vote-by-mail, please visit our FAQ section.
Salt Lake County ballot drop boxes are open 24/7 until 8:00 pm on election night. See where there is a convenient drop box located near you.
Want to show the world that you voted? Check this section for web stickers you can upload to social media and encourage others to vote!